Write 31 Days is a exactly as it reads. Thousands of writers and bloggers, mostly women, come together and write daily for the month of October. Most write on blogs, others write in journals or using some other offline method.
The month is a challenge. It challenges ones ability to commit and followthrough. As I mentioned above, I’ve succeeded and failed yet I keep coming back for more….
Mainly because I love writing. But also because there is something about committing to show up daily. To commit to sitting at my computer everyday and writing a blog post is difficult. And for a person who is always overflowing with ideas it seems deplete my creative juices instantaneously. LOL
Then something cool happens…
It is like a reservoir of ideas appear from nowhere. And if I keep my energy and stamina high I tap into something great. Something I did not consider when saying “yes” to the challenge.
I plan to go wide, not deep.
For this I mean, I want to find practical scriptures to help us think like Christ. To view our situation from His perspective.
I may dash in a quote or two. I may even find a couple of videos. But mostly it will be writing and based on the Bible.
I expect the month to be rewarding but difficult. And I’m with it.
I hope you are too.
This is my Home Page. Last year I liked listing all of the posts on one page. I think it helped readers and me too. It was nice seeing them all in one place. It let me know where I was in my journey.
Daily I’ll update the links and titles on this page. Feel free to click HERE to see the list of posts (with the most recent first).
I have three primary goals:
- Post daily. I am cringing as I write this but I want to aim for posting by 5 am. This means I will be one day ahead of the actual posting, at least. But I will write and post daily.
- Short and Sweet. I honestly am writing for you and I. I want this to be little nuggets to place in my heart. To take them everywhere I go. Therefore, I want practical posts around 300 words or so.
- Progress not Perfection. This is a work-in-progress. I am learning as I write. It will not be perfect. In fact, it may get a little messy. Digging into ones habits of thinking usually is. However, I think it will be fruitful and live changing.
Will You Join Me
This is a good time to explain the subscription process on my blog.
- Blog Subscription: I have a blog–what you’re reading now. Subscribe to receive the posts daily or weekly HERE.
- Weekly Newsletter: And I have a newsletter, The Influencer’s Newsletter. Subscribe above below my banner.
The are separate but I write both. For this challenge I recommend subscribing to both. But if only one will do, please join the newsletter.
Day 2: God-Honoring Thoughts (Philippians 4:8)
Day 3: Thoughts Lead to the Peace of God (Philippians 4:9)
Day 31: My Ultimate Takeaway (Coming soon)
Click HERE to view all the posts.
Get the posts by email HERE.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.Tell me…What is one of your favorite verses concerning your thoughts? What is one of your favorite quotes that shifts your thinking?