This week I think it would be helpful to share a few of my resources. I know we are focused on reading. But many times I get tied up in the names, places and timeline.
These are a few resources I keep on hand. It is not recommended to study, however, I sometimes like to get an ideal of where I am as I read. They are also great for using during any reading plan.
Here are the books I enjoy using for a quick glance:
- The Bible in 90 Days Participant’s Guide. I have the old version of the guide. This book is not essential but it is helpful. What I like about the guide is the short summaries for each book of the bible. There are also great reflection questions and tips for reading the bible in 90 days. Read more on Amazon.
- The Essential Bible Companion. It is an extension of the guide to me. I like the maps, timelines and nuggets of information provided. I like also that it is short and to the point. Read more on Amazon.
- Halley’s Bible Handbook. This book is an all-around favorite. I use this almost often whether I’m reading, studying and writing. I find this book helpful while reading when a passage has me confused. I believe Halley’s does a great job of giving an overall view of a book through chapter-by-chapter summaries. Read more on Amazon.
I have other books I reach for when studying but these are ones I keep near while reading. I try to limit my usage of them since time is limited. However, they are great resources to own.
For our reading this week…
Books We’ll Encounter This Week
- 1 & 2 Samuel
- 1 & 2 Kings
Our Reading This Week
1 Samuel 28:20 – 2 Kings 25:30
- Bible in 90 Days (Website)
- Bible in 90 Days Summer 2015 (All Posts)
- Momentum Killers (Post)
- You Are Here: 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings (Post)
Are you reading along with us? If so, comment below and tell me how things are going.