One Word and Sunday Summary – Week 3
Friday I wrote about my readiness to Jump. And if you are a regular reader of my blog you may have noticed a recent pattern. I honesty didn’t realize until I began skimming my post and preparing my blogging calendar for the year.
I then went to my journal and the trend was consistent. My next thought was … what would I have a client do?
We would write the goal(s) and create a plan. I would serve as the accountability partner to keep her goals alive. I would cheer her on or give her a friendly push, if needed.
This got me going. I grabbed my journal and wrote out my big goal on a clean page. Then I began backing out of it. I also added a few other habits I would like to work into my daily life but have yet to become as consistent as I’d like. All I need now is my accountability partner (other than my hubby) and I decided to use my blog.
I have decided to use Jon Acuff‘s Sunday Summary as a template of sorts. He would post the same list weekly and an update. He did this during 2012 and although I don’t read his blog daily I would check back from time to time to read his progress.
One Word: Transform
My One Word for 2013 is: Transform. I had several words chomping at the bit. But transform is it. My prayer is to find my life transformed in form, appearance AND structure by the end of 2013. I believe the goals below will help make this desire a reality.
- to change in form, appearance, or structure; metamorphose.
- to alter or be altered radically in form, function, etc
Sunday Summary: New Beginning
Every Sunday I will list my goals and share my progress. This is the first listing of my goals but the post title of “Week 3″ coincides with the annual calendar.
Here’s my list of goals (in no particular order) and the summary of the progress I made:
1. I am going to host my first retreat in 2013. I have hosted events but I always ALWAYS wanted to host a weekend retreat. I have not hosted an event since 2011…this means I’m starting from zero. I feel like this is a HUGE undertaking. I will start small with finding a location and identifying the dates.
2. I am going to finish writing a book in 2013. I am going to start writing “God Says Yes“. Long story short: I’ve been procrastinating. This book has been on my heart for YEARS. I would totally embarrass myself if I told you how long. But there is hope. Last year I pitched this book at She Speaks. I had three publishers review my book proposal and they gave me some awesome feedback.
I have a rough outline with my sample chapters. I plan to keep the outline and start from scratch…with or without a publisher. I will finish writing it in 2013.
Word Count Update: 0
3. I am going to outline the entire bible. I am going to outline the bible. Not the teeny tiny details but the big picture. I will not begin this until I finish reading the bible in April.
4. I am going to train for a 2014 marathon. This is another goal that has haunted me. I have trained through a 22 mile training run only to NOT run in the actual marathon. I love running but I need to start over. I plan to start small and find a race in December 2013 or January 2014 in my area. The plan (with some wiggle room):
- Step 1: Conditioning (9 weeks)
- Step 2: C25k (9 weeks)
- Step 3: Half Marathon Training (12 weeks)
- Step 4: Marathon Training (16 weeks)
I start training tomorrow, January 14, 2013.
5. I am going to finish reading 12 non-fiction books this year. I had to add this to my list because I read for bible study, bible reading, client projects, and NOT merely for myself. I plan to read one book a month for me. I may share it on my blog or I may not. I have a stack of books ready for me to get started.
Book #1: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. (currently reading)
6. I am going to knit a folk shawl. I have crocheted since I was a child and learned to knit (a little) a few months ago after finding a beautiful book of international folk shawls. I want to make at least one of the shawls in the pattern book. But I don’t know how to knit very well (I am really slow) or read the patterns. I plan to identify the shawl, purchase my materials, and make my shawl.
I signed up for a knitting class to get started. (Thanks Kenmon!)
7. I am going to have monthly one-on-one dates with my husband, son, daughter and best friend. We (my husband and I) started having one-on-one outings with our kids last year. I plan to keep it going monthly and adding my best friend. We talk often but it is amazing how life gets busy between my family, business, writing and church events I’m usually overbooked. But this is no longer acceptable. I believe having these dates will strengthen my relationships and add a little more fun to my life.
8. I am going to actively mentor one woman. I love mentoring. For years, I thought I’d wait until I was older until I realized I was doing it with many women in my life. The difference now I’m intentional in my time and efforts in their lives. I want to continue giving back to another woman.
My Prayer Request
Instead of asking you to “Wish me luck!” I will ask for your prayers.
Heavenly Father, I pray you wash over my mind and cleanse all thoughts that are contrary to Your will and plan for my life. I pray for clarity of vision, clarity of sight, clarity of thought, clarity of mind, clarity of knowing, and clarity of hearing Your voice. In Jesus name, Amen.
I could not pick a cool word like “transform” and not have a GREAT visual. I thought I’d seek a little assistance from the one…the only…Optimus Prime. (I’ve loved Transformers since I was a kid.)