Freedom No Takebacks
Happy 4th of July!
Today is a day of celebration and a time to reflect on our freedom as a country. As a child I only wanted the BBQ. As a woman, well, I’ll take the BBQ but I see freedom from a different perspective.
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
My perspective shifted with four life-altering events:
- Military service (8 years in the Army Reserves);
- My family (marriage and children);
- My acceptance of Jesus as my Lord and Savior; and
- My decision to fully pursue my goals.
I’m sure there are some other events I don’t recall as I sit at my computer writing this post. However, these events mold what I perceive as freedom.
But of all of these events #3 comes with an unmatched promise. A promise in which the best 100% guarantee etched on a gold label cannot compete.
Give me a few minutes…
Grab your coffee or tea. Give me a few minutes and I’ll leave you to your holiday festivities.
Ask someone to watch the grill, turn your burners down a bit. I promise not to keep you long.
Let’s take a walk…
We are going to walk through this passage. How can you too be free? How can you have access to this great promise?
1. You must believe. Jesus spoke this promise to the Jews who believed Him. Believed that He was who He claimed to be. Do you believe that Jesus lived and died for your sins?
2. You must follow Jesus. We must walk in His footsteps. He is our example. When we do, we are showing we are truly His disciples. As a follower of Jesus, we will know the truth. It is in this truth that our freedom is found. The truth of who Jesus was, is, and will always be.
Our freedom lives in Jesus.
We don’t have to sign a paper.
We don’t have to pay for an extra warranty.
It does not expire.
I remember as a child when someone gave us something good, candy, a toy–anything–it didn’t matter, we’d say “no takebacks!!!”
We were sure to communicate, You ain’t gettin’ this back!
Yes I said ain’t.
I believe Jesus is saying something similar here… “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
You will no longer be a slave to sin. You are free from bondage. You are relieved from the weight of who you once where…what you used to do…who you used to be.
You have a permanent place with Him. You are His son. You are His daughter.
How awesome is that!!!
Question: How will you celebrate your freedom?
* * * * * * * * * *
Enjoy your day! If you have a few more minutes you can finish
your morning coffee or tea (or water) and Blog Hop.
Would you prefer weekly updates? Click here to subscribe.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”